By Kevin D. Browne, Jo Douglas, Catherine Hamilton-Giachritsis, Jean Hegarty
This publication is a pragmatic consultant to the CARE programme, a house traveling programme that goals to evaluate babies? progress, improvement and psycho-social transitions of their first yr of lifestyles and that including the Index of desire list goals to have interaction mom and dad in danger overview. It presents evidence-based learn for the programme, and offers scientific examples of ways to take advantage of the evaluation instruments (including the Index of want) and the way to paintings with mom and dad. The authors take a ?partnership with mom and dad? procedure all through, whereas considering the sensible workload matters that practitioners face.
Read Online or Download A Community Health Approach to the Assessment of Infants and their Parents: The CARE Programme PDF
Similar health care delivery books
Caliber is an instantaneous end result of the first overall healthiness care ideas of fairness accessibility cost-effectiveness sustainability and partnership with the group. accordingly caliber coverage and development in basic wellbeing and fitness care maintains to most sensible the time table for many nations of the realm together with these within the WHO japanese Mediterranean zone.
Childbirth in Republican China: offering Modernity (1911-1949) is the examine of a pivotal interval during which conventional midwifery, marked by way of deepest, unregulated old-style midwives, used to be remodeled into glossy midwifery in the course of the adoption of a hugely medicalized and state-sponsored start version that's regular in city China this present day.
This precise two-volume set describes the range of cultural methods to future health practiced by way of humans of various cultural heritages and locations them in stark context with conventional Western techniques to future health care and drugs. interpreting overall healthiness practices comparable to Ayurveda, an historic process of drugs that makes a speciality of the physique, the feel organs, the brain, and the soul; and conventional chinese language medication (TCM), the writer examines why those diversified methods can clarify a number of the cultural adaptations in future health behaviors, ameliorations in why humans get ill, and the way they focus on disease.
In protecting On anthropologist Alyson O’Daniel analyzes the summary debates approximately health and wellbeing coverage for the sickest and such a lot weak americans in addition to the companies distinctive to aid them by way of taking readers into the day-by-day lives of bad African American ladies dwelling with HIV on the creation of the 2006 therapy Modernization Act.
- Leading change in health and social care
- Introducing global health : practice, policy, and solutions
- Psychological Responses to Eating Disorders and Obesity: Recent and Innovative Work
- Paradox and Imperatives in Health Care: Redirecting Reform for Efficiency and Effectiveness, Revised Edition
- Managing with Plans and Budgets in Health and Social Care (Post-Qualifying Social Work Practice)
- Contemporary Topics in Women's Mental Health: Global perspectives in a changing society
Additional resources for A Community Health Approach to the Assessment of Infants and their Parents: The CARE Programme
Children and families who are on the CARE Programme will have a transfer of care that contains the following information in order to ensure continuity of service for the child and family: • • • • • • • a synopsis of the assessment of need which has taken place to date the Index of Need characteristics if the score is 5 or above an evaluation of progress made whilst receiving the CARE programme an assessment of the behaviour observations an opinion of what follow-on services may be required information to other professional colleagues about the transfer so that they can liaise with their counterpart in the new authority a contact name, address and telephone number in case the receiving health visitor needs to clarify any information.
3. 4. 5. Developmental assessment and hearing test of infant Observing and discussing infant attachment behaviours Observing and discussing parental behaviour towards infant Reviewing services needed and provided Home visit for non-attenders Home visit (12 months) 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. Final public health assessment Final observation of infant attachment behaviours Final observation of parent behaviour towards infant Review of services provided and needed in the future Overall rating of psychological care of the child Child welfare factors at end of first year Parent’s sensitivity to child at end of first year Assessment of priority and future caseload category 22 THE ASSESSMENT OF INFANTS AND THEIR PARENTS Newborn Assessment (10–15 Days After Birth) (i) (ii) (iii) (iv) (v) (vi) (vii) Establish initial contact.
Housing conditions • financial problems • home management • accessibility of home with a baby • neighbours • social isolation • pets • demands of other children. The parent-held record should be given to the parent(s) and discussed, drawing particular attention to the colour coded section on Emotional Development, which is used as the basis for discussion about the baby’s emotional development throughout the first year. Primary prevention should be promoted through: • information about clinics and community groups • advice about baby care if required • discussion about immunisations.
A Community Health Approach to the Assessment of Infants and their Parents: The CARE Programme by Kevin D. Browne, Jo Douglas, Catherine Hamilton-Giachritsis, Jean Hegarty